More pages in this section
How to make an Appointment
If you have any flu-like flu like symptoms including a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat it is important to seek medical attention early. Please contact us via phone prior to making a booking or visiting the medical centre. When you ring please advise the clinic staff if you have recently travelled through an area identified as a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days, or been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19. Telehealth services are available.
It is Easy
Booking an appointment has never been so easy.
You can book;
- Over the phone
- Walk in the door
- Appointments on the day of your choice - as long as we have both got the time.
- Telehealth whenever you like.
Whichever works best from your point of view..
No need to stress. However, the more notice you give us, and the more precise you can be about your requirements, the easier it is to plan from our point of view.
We list the different ways to make an appointment in an order that makes sense.
Online appointments are the way of the future.
- You can make them whenever you like
- You can also organize them with a doctor on a day and time that works from your point of view.
- HotDocs, our online booking system sets out to take care of 100% of our administrative requirements before you walk in the door.
- If you are new to HotDocs then, obviously, we are going to try and take care of 100% of our administrative requirements before you walk in the door. If you have been to us before, it should be even easier the next time around.
- Once you are booked you are confirmed, and;
- Once you have arrived you have arrived.
Like plenty of fancy restaurants, we are here to provide the service. Without sacrificing care, we would like appointments to take place in the background, so we can devote 100% of our attention to patients we have at the time.
- To organize an online appointment, visit our website.
- Click on the “Book Appointment” button on the right.
- The link will take you to The Doctors Mulgrave Road Medical Centre Hot Docs online booking service.
- If you have used Hot Docs with us before, then the whole thing is easy.
- If not, Hot Docs will ask you some fairly straightforward questions so that you become known to Hot Docs, and the medical practice has the information it needs ready to go.
Good old-fashioned ringing ahead;
- Allows you to nominate a doctor of your choice
- Allows us to match our capabilities to your needs
- Allows us to deal with complicated bookings, which can definitely be tricky at times
Walking in the Door
Good old-fashioned walking in the door makes sense for mishaps, such as a minor laceration or burn.
Walking in the door means we are still going to look after you. From our point of view, help is an automatic part of the deal. We just cannot tell you what we will be doing at the time.
Common sense says ring ahead or make a logical choice at the time.
Telehealth Whenever You Like
Bulk Billed Telehealth is available to patients who have been to see in the previous twelve months.
It is also available to patients in special circumstances. And so, feel free to discuss your situation with us.
Like any other consultation, Telehealth can be organized for a time and day that works for us both.
For the cost of a standard consultation, Telehealth can also be used by those who would rather not go to the doctor at all.
Please bare in mind, there are times when a doctor would rather see you in person instead.