More pages in this section
Discontinuation of Service Policy
We may, at any time, choose to discontinue being a medical service provider to you.
There is a long list of reasons why we may choose to discontinue being a medical service provider to you, including;
- Rude, aggressive, disorderly or inappropriate conduct from you -- because it is our lawful duty to provide a safe working environment for our staff and doctors;
- We do not provide the service you are looking for;
- We feel uncomfortable providing the medical service you are looking for;
- We do not have the facilities to provide the medical service you are looking for
- We feel inadequately resourced to provide the medical service you are looking for.
Where we can, and it is appropriate for us to do so, we will nominate an alternate service that might be able to help.
If we do not feel comfortable being an ongoing medical service provider to you, you may get a brief SMS or email to that effect.
If it is the case that we are choosing not to provide you with an ongoing medical service;
- You do not have the right to know the name of the person who made the decision -- because we have the safety and wellbeing of our staff and doctors to protect as well.
- You do not have the right to know why the decision was made -- for the same reason. We have the safety and wellbeing of our staff and doctors to protect.
- If we do not wish to be an ongoing provider of medical services to you, we will, as a matter of policy, where relevant, transfer a summary of your medical records to an alternative medical practitioner at no cost to you.
As a matter of policy, protecting the wellbeing of those that work for us, and the integrity of the service, are as important as the patients we care for us well.