More pages in this section
The Doctors Mulgrave Road Medical Centre was set up to provide the community with unrivalled access to medical, dental, allied health care, radiology, pathology, and pharmacy under one roof.
Even before then, we began as a humble, one-doctor home visiting service a long time ago.
Today The Doctors Mulgrave Road Medical Centre provides an extremely well set-out service that sets out to provide;
- The highest possible level of upon-request and ongoing health care;
- All the services of a developed general practice;
- All the benefits of being part of a team – by combining medical and allied health care service providers;
- Specialty services such as Employment and Pre-Employment Medicals – with a 24-hour business turnaround time as required;
- A specialty skincare service, which includes regular examinations, dermoscopy, cryotherapy, shave, punch and excision biopsies, and skin-flap surgery as required.
To the best of our own ability, we set out to be all things to all people, even if it is challenging at times.
If there is a particular service you are looking for, there is a good chance we provide it. Please let us know.
Bulk billing is available for eligible patients, otherwise private fees will apply.
Our aim is to provide the best possible medical service at a fee that others can live with as well. If you would like to know the precise formula;
- We set out to provide the best possible service at the lowest possible cost. At the same time;
- We would attract, retain and reward staff that are up for the role;
- We would also like to work with and reward the best possible doctors we can.
- We operate a service that plans for the future as well.
Unfortunately, Medicare does not cover everything. There are some services such as employment medicals, pre-employment medicals, some drivers license medical, drug and alcohol testing etcetera where Medicare Rebates do not apply. We Bulk Bill where we can however, if you would like to know the precise costings associated with any given service, please get in touch.
There are as many people working behind the scenes, as there are highly-trained health care professionals to help you on the day.
Our team is dedicated, devoted, and provided an effective medical service to Cairns, Townsville, and Airlie Beach for the past 25 years.
Does not believe in junior or senior. The leadership is always willing to welcome others who will step up to the plate.
Our team has a medical director, CEO, HR manager, Compliance Officers, Practice Manager, Assistant Practice Manager, Medical Practitioners, Registered and Enrolled Nurses, Allied Health care service providers and client liaison officers to help.
Above and beyond everything else, our team believes in care and the concept of team.
Our doctors are all highly-trained Vocationally Registered medical practitioners registered with the Australian Health Professional Regulation Agency (AHPRA). We work together as a team. Areas of interest include;
- Giving children the best start to life;
- Preventative Health Care;
- Women’s Health;
- Men’s Health;
- Indigenous Health Care;
- Sports Medicine, Occupational Health, Workplace Injury Management;
- Pre-Employment, Employment, Drivers License, Commercial Drivers License, Rail, Coal Board, AMSA, Recreational and Occupational Scuba diving medicals;
- Implanon and Mirena insertion and removals;
- Mental Health Care. Preventative and Ongoing Care.
- Better Care for the Elderly
Our Nurses are available for Women’s Health Checks, Cervical Screening, Health Care Assessments, Wound Management, GP Management and GP Mental Health Care Plans, Team Care Arrangements, immediate and ongoing care.
Please tell the receptionists if:
- You need to see a doctor urgently. We will try our best to get you in as soon as possible.
- You think you may need a longer than normal appointment (approx. 15-mins or more).
We make every effort to see you on time and appreciate our patients taking the same care. Sometimes, due to emergencies or extended consultations, the Doctors may run late. We appreciate your patience when this happens.
A Doctor is always available on-call after hours for any medical issues you may have. To access the after hours service, dial 4044 0444 and follow the recorded telephone instructions. Dial 000 immediately for emergencies.
We are committed to preventative healthcare. Occasionally we may send you a reminder offering preventative health services appropriate to your care. At other times, we may need to let you know by SMS or email that there are medical results we should both deal with as well.
Visits to your home or hotel can be arranged where appropriate. We try our best to arrange for a Doctor to attend to you in the quickest time possible. However, these visits are scheduled according to the Doctors appointment availability. As we might not have all the necessary equipment and time.
A Private Fee is charged based on the length of time, complexity, and testing that is attached to the service.
Occasionally, the doctor may arrange for you to receive results over the phone..
Non-medical staff do not give treatment, advice, or results over the telephone.
Please make an appointment to see a Doctor for your prescription needs, so that we can make sure we’re providing you with the most up-to-date medications and healthcare available.
We prefer to be responsible for managing your healthcare, and as a result, it is often necessary to organize follow-up appointments so that we can monitor treatment appropriate to your care.
Many people do not realize that “shopping around” from medical centre to medical centre may be a disadvantage to you/your family’s health. If you have visited other Doctors in the past, it is easy for us to obtain your medical records from the appropriate source. This way we can continue to give you the best medical attention possible. If you would like your medical records transferred, please see our receptionist for a Consent Form.
We try to keep interruptions during a consultation to a minimum as they can be very distracting to both the Doctor and patient. Receptionists are not medical professionals and are restricted from discussing or disclosing your results or condition. Most queries are best dealt with by consultation, so our general response to a medical matter over the phone is to come in and see the Doctor.
All electronic communication including secure and encrypted emails, faxes, or SMS correspondence is conducted with appropriate regard to the National Privacy Principles and the privacy and confidentiality of your health information. All significant electronic contact is recorded in your personal health record.
For your convenience, our pharmacy, radiology, pathology, and dental services are located onsite.
The pharmacy is operated by Alive Pharmacy, Westcourt
Radiology is operated by Queensland X-Ray
Pathology is Sullivan and Nicolaides
The dental practice is The Dentists Cairns Dental Group